Blast from the past- dug this one out of the archives! I apologize in advance for the filming and quality... But its funny. I've got a 1955 John Deere 60 tractor. It came with the house when I bought it, and the tractor hadn't run in a few years. It has an ANCIENT Farmhand front end loader on it. I had no clue what I was doing, but I got it started, and it seemed to run decent. Wanted to move it somewhere easier to work on so I tried lifting the bucket up, and it was working... until... Lets just say, WAIT FOR IT!!! #explosion #blowup #boom Check out my new shirts!!! https://www.teepublic.com/user/rusty-phoenix-motors Connect with me here! https://www.youtube.com/c/RustyPhoenixMotors https://www.facebook.com/rustyphoenixmotors https://www.instagram.com/dorkpunch_rustyphoenixmotors/?hl=en https://www.instructables.com/member/Rusty%20Phoenix%20Motors/ https://rusytphoenixmotors.blogspot.com/
This dirtbike is finally taking shape! Only had one minor "oops" on it this time... easily fixed with a few minutes and a couple of bolts. This "restoration" has taken too long but I'm having so much fun! Excited to see my son take it for a ride this spring! I gave up on the plan to re-use the original top end. I found a complete top end kit on Amazon. And when I say complete, I mean it! It had the cylinder, piston, head, valves, cam, all the gaskets, and everything else! I unbox it here! Let me know what you think! Link to the kit here: https://amzn.to/3AukLfo Here's a link to one of the most handy tools you will ever use on projects like this- an Impact Driver. https://amzn.to/3T5kKpN And links to the engine parts I ended up ordering! Points, condenser, and spark plug kit- https://ebay.us/9Ecz4o Rings- https://ebay.us/jSND6M Complete Gasket and Seal set- https://ebay.us/BFfRvJ Carburetor- https://ebay.us/UNN26M Generic bolt kit- http...
I've wanted to try this for a while now. How do you think it turned out?!? I think it turned out fanatastic! Love it. Going to be using this process again to make more of these! It was actually pretty easy with some basic tools. Still need to polish it up and make it shine, but you get the idea! What other parts should I custom form out of aluminum? Kinda toying with the idea of building custom fenders, but I don't have an english wheel anymore. Links to the engine parts I ended up ordering! Top End- https://amzn.to/3AukLfo Points, condenser, and spark plug kit- https://ebay.us/9Ecz4o Rings- https://ebay.us/jSND6M Complete Gasket and Seal set- https://ebay.us/BFfRvJ Carburetor- https://ebay.us/UNN26M Generic bolt kit- https://ebay.us/JJlRGi Engine bolt kit- https://ebay.us/rVMsx3 Check out my new shirts!!! https://www.teepublic.com/user/rusty-phoenix-motors MORE on the Z50! Unwrapping the present- https://youtu.be/nF7fGDoRguY First project from the new ...
Comments
Post a Comment